A strategic network of 51 terminals and distribution assets spanning six key geographic locations
Part of ArcLight Capital Partners LLC, TransMontaigne Partners LLC is a leading provider of essential energy infrastructure, including terminaling, storage, transportation, and related services. TransMontaigne also manages financials for multiple ArcLight companies. So when a newly acquired oil marketing company needed to get up and running on a core enterprise resource system quickly, ArcLight tasked TransMontaigne with making it happen. The goal was to build a system from the ground up that would give TransMontaigne deeper insight into inventory, profits, risk, compliance, and more – then use that system as a model for digitally transforming additional group companies.
In six months, TransMontaigne transforms a small oil marketing company into a model for intelligent enterprise integration.
Working closely with W5, TransMontaigne got SeaPort Sound Terminal LLC up and running on SAP S/4HANA®, SAP® Commodity Management, and SAP Commodity Risk Management, setting the stage for:
- Direct flow of financial data from SAP S/4HANA to TransMontaigne’s central SAP ERP Financials solution
- Cash requests that can be made directly from the bank and reported on in real-time
- Real-time, cross-terminal reporting on inventory, sales, invoicing, billing, dunning, profit and loss, and more
- Greater transparency into commodity data with sophisticated analytics, dashboards, and reports
- Commodity supply chain planning based on existing product structures and current inventory levels, increasing visibility, traceability, and compliance
- Full transparency of risk positions across marketers, terminal operators, and risk managers
- Simpler deal capture for contracts with SAP Commodity Management, option for deal capture for SAP S/4HANA
- Ability to schedule shipments while taking into account supply, demand, and available transportation with the SAP Trader’s and Scheduler’s Workbench application
- Self-service reporting, real-time data visualization, and eventual mobile enablement with the SAP Fiori® user experience and apps – enabling greater business ownership and less reliance on IT
- Blueprint for similar process architecture and deployment projects at other group companies