Epic Systems Corporation, or Epic, is a privately held healthcare software company.
According to the company, hospitals that used its software in 2015 held medical records of 54% of patients in the United States and 2.5% of patients worldwide.
The main business challenge was a complete overhaul of their BI environment.
- Access to their own internal data systems in EPIC was difficult and hard to manage
- Finding accurate data and reporting
- Environment was slow and unresponsive
- Update environment and servers to the latest releases
- Reconfigure and resize the complete BI environment
- Re-architect data and reports so internal staff could better understand where data was moving within source-to-target environments
- Resized and reconfigured 10 plus Enterprise architecture and infrastructure design
- WEB Intelligence redesign turned for sizing on all corporate reports (1000’s)
- Data to portal governance and interfaces development required to ensure speed and responsiveness at all data movement zones.
- Trusted data
- Fast reports
- Accurate data
- WEB and Dashboard portal best practice implementation — “FAST”