The W5 approach to analytics ties the insight generating activity into the operational workflow to ensure that insights are not only interesting but also actionable. The following are enterprise level use cases to addressing this goal for Wespath:
Establishing Analytics as a Center of Excellence and or Business Intelligence Competency Center (BICC). This business model will be evaluated to create a team of analytical or data science experts that can provide analytical services to the organization. Organizationally, this is often under the Chief Data Officer (CDO).
Establishing Analytics as a Service. In this model, W5 will assess analytically structured data and tools available to operating units (lines of business) within the organization. The context of the W5 service offering is based on building out analytics and data governance at the enterprise level.
- Understand and/or establish business case criterion that will focus future activity
- Understand and document the current level of analytical maturity
- Integrate the analytical governance process into the broader operational environment
- Evaluate foundational data management capabilities and related governance that support data analysis
- Schedule and conduct interviews/workshops
- Analysis of current repositories and integration points
- Collect and review in-flight & planned projects
- Analytics and Reporting inventory collection
- Compliance inventory
- Review BI and Data documents
- Define core processes, BI & Data project on-boarding templates & agile methodology