The W5 team will emphasize on the alignment of process with function and their impact on key business success variables/metrics. This includes a comprehensive review of the current, future, and gap processes at the enterprise level, and within business and operational units.
- Data Management Planning; business case; communication; Policy / standards management process
- Data Governance: Governance management; Business Glossary stewardship; Dictionary management
- Data Quality: Assessment process; profiling process; cleansing / remediation process
- Data Operations: Requirements process; data onboarding; lifecycle management; data archiving / retention; ETL creation, scheduling, quality and error resolution processes. Risk Management; Configuration management
- Data Architecture: Data acquisition process; vendor (Data provider) management; enterprise architecture integration process
- Analytics Management: Analytics lifecycle management; analytics and data management lifecycle data process include:
Analytic governance process
Product validation processes with respect to analytic quality
Lineage / Provenance management
Data Product and Analytical Product packaging process – focus on: metadata management process; semantic / cross walk metadata management
Classification metadata management reference for data, vocabulary management taxonomy / ontology management
Operational Alignment. This activity will analyze the approach that the organization has taken to align the enterprise data management activities with those within the analytical function.